What is it and what are its benefits?
iLASIK is an ultra-precise, completely customised, blade-free, all-laser combination of IntraLase® technology and VISX Advanced CustomVue® Wavefront-guided LASIK procedure that is so precise and safe that it is approved for use in NASA astronauts and US top-gun fighter pilots.
It uses the most advanced technology at every step, from your personal vision evaluation where an individualized 3-D map of your eyes will be created; to a precise flap using a laser (bladeless), and finishing with one of the most customized forms of laser vision correction.
iLASIK treatment is recognized internationally as the leader in laser vision correction because of the following advantages:
- The highly sophisticated iDesign System measures very precisely the unique imperfections of your eyes.
- A more precise, customized bladeless flap creation using the Intralase, which has a well established track record for successful femtosecond laser flap creation
- The highly successful and ultra-precise excimer laser treatment using the Visx Advanced Customvue wavefront-guided LASIK. In the United States FDA multi-centre studies, 98% of patients achieved 6/6 or better vision with this laser treatment. This is consistent with the results achieved in our centre.
- It provides an extremely safe and accurate treatment. Evidenced-based studies world-wide have clearly demonstrated the success and safety of this procedure
- It combines the benefits, safety, precision and accuracy of both the Intralase and Visx Advanced Customvue Wavefront-guided LASIK cutting-edge technologies
- It was the only approved LASIK technology for NASA Astronauts & the U.S Navy TopGun fighter pilots
iLASIK: Exceptional vision correction Technology at every step.
Step 1 – Creating Your Personal Vision Profile
The first step in the iLASIK Procedure is to perform a series of tests to determine the individual characteristics of your vision, including the use of our WaveScan Technology. The iDesign System creates a 3-D map of the unique imperfections of your eyes. Then our Advanced CustomVue treatment uses thedigital information from that map to design a customized.
Step 2 – Making The iLASIK Flap
The iLASIK Procedure exclusively uses an advanced technology called the IntraLase Method. The IntraLase Method is a 100% blade-free approach to creating your LASIK flap, the thin flap of tissue that the doctor folds back in order to perform your iLASIK Procedure.
Step 3 – Your Laser Vision Correction
Now that you’ve had your personal vision profile using iDesign Technology and your blade-free LASIK flap using the exclusive IntraLase Method, your vision can be corrected using the Advanced CustomVue wavefront-guided treatment within the iLASIK Procedure. The cornea flap is partially lifted and the extremely precise laser reshapes the cornea tissue underneath the flap. The flap is returned to its original position and the entire surgery is completed in approximately 4 minutes per eye. The whole procedure is essentially painless. Because the treatment is done underneath the flap and the uppermost layer of the cornea is not disturbed, there is little discomfort following the procedure and the visual recovery is fast, which allows patients to return to work within 1-2 days after surgery.