What is iLASIK Treatment
iLASIK treatment is a combination of IntraLase® technology and VISX Advanced CustomVue® Wavefront-guided LASIK technology.
It makes use of bladeless, wavefront-guided LASIK to correct myopia (short-sightedness), hyperopia (long-sightedness), astigmatism, and presbyopia. It offers greater precision and can also correct vision and unique imperfections of the eye which cannot be achieved by conventional LASIK.
This treatment is so precise and safe that it is the only LASIK technology approved for NASA astronauts and the United States TOPGUN fighter pilots.
Benefits of the iLASIK Treatment
iLASIK treatment is recognised internationally as the leader in laser vision correction due to the following advantages:
- Greater precision with lower risks: During the iLASIK treatment procedure, the corneal incision and circular-cut are created by the femtosecond laser, eliminating the usage of sharp surgical tools. This laser technique is more precise and gentler on the eye, reducing the risk of injury and complications.
The Intralase has a well-established track record for successful femtosecond laser flap creation. It is so precise that it is the only approved LASIK technology for NASA Astronauts and the United States Navy TOPGUN fighter pilots.
- Corrects vision and unique imperfections of the eye: The bladeless, wavefront-guided LASIK corrects high order aberrations, which cannot be achieved with conventional LASIK surgery. This precision technology can help patients achieve the best visual outcome.
- Shorter treatment time needed: The system provides clear 3D images of the patient’s eye in real-time. These images are unique to every individual. The excimer laser will then use the information to make customised adjustments.
- Suitable for patients with thin corneas: The highly sophisticated iDesign System measures the unique imperfections of your eyes very precisely. Patients who naturally have thinner corneas can get better results as the laser utilises the 3-D map of the eye to make a more precise, thin corneal flap. This flap is much thinner compared to the flap that is made by surgical tools in conventional LASIK surgery.
- Extremely safe and accurate treatment, backed up by studies: The iLASIK treatment combines the benefits, safety, precision, and accuracy of the IntraLase® technology and VISX Advanced CustomVue® Wavefront-guided LASIK technology.
Evidence-based studies world-wide have demonstrated the success and safety of the iLASIK treatment procedure. In the United States FDA multi-centre studies, 98% of patients achieved 6/6 or better vision with this laser treatment. This is consistent with the results achieved in our centre.
iLASIK Treatment Procedure: Exceptional Vision Correction Technology At Every Step
iLASIK treatment uses the most advanced technology at every step, from your personal vision evaluation where a customised 3-D map of your eyes will be created, to the creation of a precise flap using a laser (bladeless), and finishing with one of the most customised forms of laser vision correction.
Step 1: Creating Your Personal Vision Profile
The first step of the iLASIK treatment procedure is to perform a series of tests to determine the individual characteristics of your vision with the use of our WaveScan Technology.
The iDesign System creates a clear 3-D map of the unique imperfections of the eyes in real-time. These images are unique to every individual.
Next, our Advanced CustomVue treatment uses the digital information to make adjustments and design a customised treatment for the eyes.
Step 2: Making The iLASIK Flap
The iLASIK Procedure exclusively uses an advanced technology called the IntraLase Method. The IntraLase Method is a 100% blade-free approach to creating your LASIK flap, which is a thin flap of tissue the eye surgeon folds back to perform the iLASIK Procedure.
Step 3: Your Laser Vision Correction
After your personal vision profile using iDesign Technology and the creation of your blade-free LASIK flap using the exclusive IntraLase Method, your vision will now be corrected using the Advanced CustomVue wavefront-guided treatment.
The cornea flap is partially lifted and the extremely precise laser reshapes the cornea tissue underneath the flap. The flap is returned to its original position.
The whole procedure is essentially painless, with little discomfort following the procedure. The surgery is completed in approximately 4 minutes per eye.
Step 4: Recovery
As the treatment is carried out underneath the LASIK flap without disturbing the uppermost layer of the cornea, visual recovery is fast and patients can return to work within 1-2 days after surgery.