VISX STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser System is able to offer highly precise, customised laser corrections through cutting-edge advances in technology in the following areas:
- Iris registration technology – allows more precise alignment of the laser treatment to ensure more accurate and precise laser treatment
- The first system to have automatic centering to the pupil, which ensure more accurate placement of the laser treatment
- Makes use of a more advanced technology in detecting wavefront aberrations, known as Fourier analysis. Compared to all other laser systems which use a mathematical modeling system called Zernike Polynomials, Fourier analysis is a much more accurate method of detecting wavefront aberrations.
- Variable laser spot size of 0.65mm to 6.5mm. This allows for faster correction along with less unnecessary tissue removal.
- Variable repetition rate of treatment, to allow faster treatment.
- Active eye-tracking – tracks the eye faster than the eye can move.
- More tissue-saving than other LASIK machines. Because more cornea tissue is preserved, the procedure is safer with less long-term risks. Higher degrees may also be corrected, meaning that it allows for a greater range of LASIK treatment and a higher chance of patients achieving spectacle-freedom.
These advances allow for more accurate, more precise and safer laser treatment which translates to better visual outcomes.